Having more than 190 million users, SharePoint is a web-based collaborative platform that combines with the popular productivity suite Microsoft Office. The use of this specialized program may vary according to the size of the organizations using it. Its standards build on few criterions such as communities, targeted audience, content, composites, and search.
On the other hand, SharePoint Server 2016 is a specialized tool that is responsible for the document management and collaboration. Available as a part of the Office 365 (that you download via office.com/setup), it is also known as SharePoint Online. Additionally, its on-premises version is known as SharePoint Server 2016. To download this special program, follow these instructions:
- Go to the official website of Microsoft Office
- Under the Products tab, click SharePoint
- You will be redirected to the downloads center
- Before you proceed, check the system requirements
- Now, choose your preferred language
- Hit the Download button and then Save
- This will copy the disc image file to your system
- Double-click this file (In the similar way you do with the Office setup while installing MS Office) to begin the installation
- Move to the mounted drive
- Run splash.hta and this will start the SharePoint Server 2016 Start web page
- Hit Install software prerequisites to start SharePoint 2016 Products Preparation Tool
- Follow the onscreen instructions to proceed
- When you see SharePoint Server 2016 Start web page, hit Install SharePoint Server
- This will launch the SharePoint Server 2016 setup
- To end this process, you will be asked to provide a product key
- Enter any of the standard product keys:
- Enterprise trial product key: NQGJR-63HC8-XCRQH-MYVCH-3J3QR
- Standard trial product key: RTNGH-MQRV6-M3BWQ-DB748-VH7DM
- Go through the license terms and conditions
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen and it’s done!
While performing download or the installation process, if you face any difficulty then feel free to contact the Microsoft Office customer support team. A technician will be glad to assist you with the best possible solution.